Wyatt

Wyatt

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wyatt's First Surgery is Scheduled

Wyatt's first surgery is scheduled for February 6th. At this surgery the doctor will suture his lip. This is basically just to attach it. They will touch it up and make it look better at his second surgery when he is six months old.

I don't think we have really thought about what it will be like or how we will feel when Wyatt has surgery. Right now we are just going through the motions and doing what we need to do for him. I know it will be hard on all of us. Maybe that is why I avoid thinking about it. I know it needs to be done but it is hard to think about what he will have to go through. It is also hard because we have gotten so used to the cleft. It is a part of him. It makes me a little sad to think of him changing and losing that wide smile.

 I know this is what is best for him and we will love his new smile just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment