Wyatt

Wyatt

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Getting ready for surgery #2

Wyatt is scheduled for his lip and nose repair on Wednesday, May 8th at noon. This is the real deal as far as his appearance goes. A lot of people have asked me if it will be easier this time around since we have been through it before and the answer is no.

It will not be easier. For me it will be harder. I didn't know what to expect last time so I went through the motions of the day and dealt with each emotional challenge as it came; the anxiety of prepping and leaving for the hospital, saying goodbye to Wyatt's wide smile, distracting him when he couldn't eat before surgery, watching the operating team carry my baby away, waiting anxiously during surgery, and seeing him confused and in pain in recovery. Now I know how hard it is going to be.

But we will once again be brave. We will all be brave for our sweet Wyatt. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment