Wyatt

Wyatt

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cleft Mom Support

One of the first things I did after we found out about Wyatt's cleft was join online support groups/boards for parents. I also started this blog as a way of sharing our story. It is through this network of online support I was able to make connections with other mothers of children with clefts.

These connections have been extremely helpful! It is amazing to me how kind, helpful and compassionate complete strangers can be. Mothers of children with clefts are so eager to offer each other support and advice. There were times I was so overwhelmed or just didn't know what to do and these ladies were there for me with everything from emotional support to tips on how to get Wyatt to eat again after surgery.

There are a few ladies I am particularly grateful for. They all had little boys around the same time I had Wyatt and it has been fun to keep up with them and their families.

I was lucky enough to meet one of these wonderful women and her family while on a work trip to Portland last year.


This post was long overdue! Thank you Heather, Linda and Amy. Don't know what I would do without you.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a blessing Jaimie! I'm so glad I got to meet you. 😉

    ReplyDelete